- last week (11/23): 218.8
- this week (11/30): 218.0
- WEEKLY LOSS: -0.8 lbs
- TOTAL LOSS: -41.0 lbs
a loss after thanksgiving? WIN!
been slacking on the posting as of late….thankful thursdays…what’s that? whoops.
a quick update on life:
- today is my first day back to work after a week of vacation. gosh i love sleeping in and working out during the day with the silver-sneaker set.
- thanksgiving was relaxing and fun – and my band pretty much behaved itself. i ate more than i should, but i mostly made good choices, and focused on protein. after a weekend of carbs, carbs and more carbs, i expected to see a gain on the scale. but when i weighed in on sunday, no change. i wouldn’t call that a success – but i also wouldn’t call it failure.
- my band definitely seems to be tight – or i seem to be a really sloppy chewer (most likely the latter). unless i chew-chew-chew, i choke-choke-choke (PB). last night, i got stuck on chicken and it was hell, mostly because i wasn’t quite sure that it was/is gone. still not sure. giving myself a break and doing liquids today.
- starting to get nervous about wedding dress shopping. i promised myself i wouldn’t try on a dress until january, and i won’t – especially since the very thought makes me sick to my stomach. i am likely being a baby and silly, but i saw a picture of myself this weekend and felt upset that even after losing 40 pounds, i still look hideous in photos. seriously upsetting – and silly, given all the real problems in the world. i need to get over this, and soon….but it is so discouraging to work and work and work and still feel huge.
- have an appointment next week with the nutritionist. i’m sure she’ll be glad to see that i haven’t journaled since my last appointment (in october). i’ll see the surgeon two weeks later, and again, there’s likely to be smiles all around. not.
how did you fare this thanksgiving? were you able to turn down extra turkey or say no to leftover stuffing (just so you know – i didn’t do either!)?